In this section
If you need information and resources on cancer, we can help.
- Community education
- Understanding cancer - Cancer affects thousands of Queenslanders; learn more about this disease.
- Concerns about cancer - Being aware of your body and what is 'normal' for you and reporting any new or unexplained symptoms to your GP can help to make sure that, if you do have cancer, it is diagnosed as early as possible.
- Cancer treatments and side-effects - Cancer is treated in many ways, learn more about current treatments.
- Order resources - Patients, family and friends
- Order resources - Health professionals, employers and educators
- Complementary and alternative therapies - There are many differences between what is considered a complementary or alternative therapy, learn more.
- Advanced cancer
- Fact sheets and statistics
- APCASOT 2014 training grants
- Cancer Council Queensland conferences
- Finding cancer information on the internet
- Moving forward resources
- Nutrition and cancer
- Palliative care - Information and links to palliative care services in Queensland.
- Reach to Recovery International (RRI)
- Saving our Skin
- Coping with cancer after a natural disaster
Vitamin D and daily sun exposure
These are just some of our resources. For more information, please call our Cancer Council Helpline on 13 11 20.
The information available on this page should not be used as a substitute for advice from a properly qualified medical professional who can advise you about your own individual medical needs. It is not intended to constitute medical advice and is provided for general information purposes only. See our Disclaimer.